Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I am 5 lbs from my goal, but I am having such trouble with this last little bit, I have decreased my calories and increased my expenditure.

Don't get discouraged!  Due to the fact that you're only 5 lbs. from your goal, your deficit should be relatively small (the closer you get to your goal, the harder it becomes to continue to lose weight).  I suggest you take about 10 weeks to drop those last few pounds, which means your deficit should be about 250 calories per day, or you might contemplate switching to maintenance for a month or so and allow your body some time to adjust to its new weight, and then start a new weight loss program tracking body fat rather than weight alone.  Using body fat as your measurement will require that you have a expert measure you with calipers once every 2 weeks (preferably the same person each time).You could also completely change your workouts (if you do work out), or start working out if you don't already. Another option would be to increase your calories burned through daily activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment